The “Jewish Heritage in the Lublin Region” programme is a seminar for Israeli guides interested in expanding their knowledge in the field of Jewish heritage and the history of Polish Jews. The seminar will focus on Lublin and its region, presenting an opportunity to see Poland from a perspective of an area that is often neglected in official tour programs. During the study tour, the participants of our programme will explore the city and the region around it, visit important Polish-Jewish heritage sites and learn not only about their history and commemoration but also about the contemporary culture of the region and the connections to its past.
We believe that the city of Lublin and its region have a lot to offer for various tourist groups. In particular we want to show Israeli guides that in this region they can find many interesting sites which can help them in building a narrative for guiding about the history of Jewish people in Poland. Our main goal is to give them the opportunity to learn that Lublin and its region is much more than the concentration camp at Majdanek. Without neglecting the hard past and its aftermath, we want to also expose the participants to the golden age of Jewish culture in this region, and to take them to a study tour through amazing landscapes of one of the most beautiful areas of Europe.
Jewish Heritage in the Lublin Region
Study Tour for Israeli Guides
April 22nd - 26th, 2018*
* Optional seminar day at Majdanek State Museum on April 22
Click here to fill in the application form
(application deadline: 9th of February, 2018)
PRICE & DETAILS
Contact: Joanna Krauze joanna[at]rootkatours.com
The programme is conducted in English, therefore participants are required to have good English skills.
The programme includes:
• 3 days (4 nights) in Poland (23-26 April, 2018);
The seminar day in the State Museum at Majdanek is not included - see below for details.
• A study tour around the Lublin Region;
• Lectures, presentations and discussions about Jewish history
and the preservation of heritage in the Lublin Region;
• Meetings with people involved in Polish-Jewish dialogue, education and heritage preservation;
• Visiting and experiencing tourist attractions in the Lublin Region.
• Participants pay participation fee of 800 PLN;
• Travel to and back from Lublin is covered by the participants;
• The organizers provide:
- accommodation: double room in Ilan**** Hotel (nights on 22-26 of April). Please note that a single room supplement is 280 PLN,
- meals: 4x breakfast, 3x lunch, 3x dinner,
- transportation within the programme,
- guided tours and meetings with local experts,
- educational materials,
- insurance on the territory of Poland.
Seminar day in the State Museum at Majdanek*:
• The seminar day in SMM is optional and requires additional payment;
• The participation fee is 300 PLN and it covers:
- accommodation for the night of 21st of April (in double room). Please note that a single room supplement is 70 PLN,
- breakfast and lunch on 22nd of April,
- transportation to/from Krepiec and Majdanek
- seminar programme: lectures and curatorial guiding.
• Travel to and back from Lublin is covered by the participants.
*The seminar day in SMM will be organized with the minimal number of 10 participants.
Download the programme: